(Random Cheerleader image used to brighten your day.)
Well, The Buccaneers did play a game on Sunday. They opened up RayJay (and those new video boards) and played host to the LA Rams. Tampa Bay fell to LA by a score of 37-32. This is a game Tampa should not have lost. I will admit this is probably gonna be the toughest week for me in a long time. I have never felt so dejected after a game in all my years of watching. This one hurt, and hurt badly. First home game of the year. Coming off a terrible loss and facing a bad football team. You NEEDED to win. Well, as I will always say, there are positives to losses and negatives to wins. There were a ton of positives. Let’s take a look.
- MIKE EVANS: I was extremely impressed with what Mike Evans was able to do on Sunday. He made sure one of my bold predictions was correct when he scored a TD. He also had a couple of really nice catches and didn’t drop one ball. His stat line read: 10 Catches,132 yards and 1 TD
- JAMEIS WINSTON: Despite that last play, Jameis played an incredible game. The INT was not his fault in my mind. He was on target and actually showed some mobility in this game. His stat line read: 36/58 405 yards, 3 TD’s and 1 INT. Just next time THROW THE BALL IN THE ENDZONE!
- ADAM HUMPHRIES: WR Adam Humphries had a career high 67 yards in Arizona last week and this week was even better. He already passed his career high and made some incredible catches while doing it. He’s starting to become one of my favorite players on the team. His stat line read: 9 catches for 100 yards. Do the humpty hump!
- CAMERON BRATE: TE Cam Brate was thrown back into the starting lineup after that whole ASJ debacle. Brate did not disappoint. His stat line read: 5 catches, 46 yards and 2 TD’s
- LAKWONTE: LB’s Kwon Alexander and Lavonte David are becoming one of the best tandems in football. Lavonte David ended up with 8 tackles including 1 sack. Kwon Alexander ended the turnover drought early when he picked off Case Keenum and took it to the house for 6.
- ROBERTO AGUAYO: Rookie Kicker Roberto Aguayo cost the Buccaneers the game in my mind. He missed 1 XP and 1 FG both should’ve been made. Roberto needs to get it fixed fast..
- CHRIS CONTE: Safety Chris Conte had probably his worst game as a Buccaneer on Sunday. Gave up multiple easy completions. Not a good day for him at all.
- ALTERRAUN VERNER: Verner was one of the best players last week. This week was a different story. Verner got burned early in the game to give the Rams their first TD of the season. Also had a penalty called against him at a crucial 3rd and 17. Not a good day for Alterraun either.
- KEITH TANDY: Keith Tandy got some playing time at safety on Sunday and when he was at safety he allowed a big TD by Tavon Austin. Bad day for the Bucs safeties.
- DEMAR DOTSON: Demar is a good player and even better guy but he completely whiffed on guys during this game. He also had a couple of penalties as well..
Overall the Buccaneers biggest problem was Roberto Aguayo missing his kicks. That was huge and left 4 points on the board. Clock management was also an issue on that last drive. Let’s hope we can rebound against a tough Denver team but it may be a long season folks. But anyway… GO BUCS!